Agencies receive multiple resumes each week to sift through and find their gems! In order to be sure it’s your resume that stands out, here’s a few tweaks to include in that initial, oh so important intro… your online application!
- Upload a resume void of spelling and grammatical errors, submitted in the format it was requested.
- If there’s an opportunity to share what you enjoy about childcare or add a bio (there often is), let your love of kiddos shine through. I once read a headline that went like this , “I’m a fan of toothless grins and sticky high fives!” That’s a nanny I wanted to meet ASAP, those 10 words spoke volumes about her enthusiasm and genuine love of children.
- Avoid redundant lists of adjectives that speak to your skills. While they may be true, a well thought out sentence or 2, highlighting the special gifts and quality of care you can bring to a family resonates much further.
- Remember, this is your last opportunity to make a first impression! Answer all questions fully and accurately; questions are not optional!
- If there’s an opportunity to upload a photo, it’s a great idea to do so. In addition to your now ‘stand out application’ you can make yourself even more memorable! Agents meet a lot of applicants; it helps to match a resume to your lovely smiling face!
Remember- these are the folks you’re asking to represent you in finding your next position! You have to get by them before you even get a chance to impress upon a family, so do your homework on the agency. Submit a thoughtful, accurate application, and let your love of kiddos shine through; then sit back and wait for your interview call! And please, when that comes, be sure to :
- Be on time
- Dress the part
- Prepare- bring the required documents
- Ask questions- we know you have them, and it shows us you’re proactive, an invaluable quality in a good nanny!